Friday, April 28, 2006

Photographic Greeting Cards

My favorite way of making greeting cards is using my photographs. I'm into photography too and one of my favorite subjects was my best mate Jackson. Jackson was my dog up until recently, unfortunately I had to let him go.

On a happier note his legacy lives on in all the greeting cards that I made with him on them. I'm not much of an illustrator nore am I as talented in the craft area like some of the greeting card designers I know. My mum's friend produces just beautiful cards and she just does it as a hobby. I told her she should start a small business because she would do very well.

What sparked me to write this post was an exclusive pet shop I found and it sells jewelry, studded collars, custom made jackets and so much more. Its where you go to really spoil your pet. But while browsing the shop they had a small display of greeting cards all of dogs but the dogs were dressed up in different theme's they were so cool. I asked the shop owner what company produces the cards and she told me it was not a company but a local guy.

He just focuses of this specific niche market of greeting cards and he does very well out of it too.

Thought it might help spawn some greeting card ideas for you.

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers for now

David W. Allen
Greeting Card Business

No comments: